Weddings are the best place for a photo booth experience for a number of reasons. Firstly, weddings are usually long, whole-day events so a wedding photo booth is ideal for this sort of occasion. Secondly, a wedding is a great party experience so people are happy and in good spirits and so will want to have a great time! A photo booth isn’t a photo booth without props, however, and a wedding is a great opportunity for great props! Read on to discover 7 great wedding booth photo prop ideas.
- Polaroid frame – everyone loves the nostalgic feeling we get when we see a polaroid from times gone by. Now you can recreate the nostalgia in your wedding photo booth. A simple white frame is a very easy and cheap idea, which will allow your guests to have a really good time and come up with some great photo opportunities. You can also add a design text underneath the frame. Here is a tutorial for a sturdy and reusable wooden frame!
- Thought clouds and speech bubbles – these props are great for adding humor to your pictures. They provide words to your photos. You can get text like “Tying the knot”, “Future Trophy Wife” or “Taken”, making it fun for your guests. You could even get blank ones to write your own unique messages and words on.
- Hashtag sign – you can create your own wedding hashtag sign or banner so that you’re your guests can include in it their pictures. That way you get a link to all of their pictures on social media.
- Hats and wigs – a selection of fun hats and wigs will always go down well, particularly when the champagne is flowing! Imagine your grandma and grandpa donning a red afro or electric-blue long mane!
- Glasses – oversized glasses, sunglasses, even cardboard glasses on sticks, these are all great inclusions in your wedding prop box!
- Accessories – feather boas, Hawaiian leis, blow-up guitars, fake mustaches/beards, masks, these are all excellent ideas for your photo booth. Your guests will have a great time trying on all of the different props and take awesome snaps.
- Emoji props – these are bang on trend right now and will go down a storm, particularly with the young wedding guests at your party.
Top tips when choosing photo booth props
Have a theme
This could be a color palette theme, which means that all of your props are in line with your wedding colors or it could be that you choose props that are of certain colors. There are loads of colors that are considered in trend right now. Think black, white and gold (chalkboard style) or romantic dusty pinks.
Something for everyone
When choosing your photo booth props, think of everyone on your guest list from young to old. Make sure you choose something that everyone will have fun with. Also, if there will be young children at your wedding, make sure all of your props are appropriate!